Hello East Africa,
How wonderful it is to serve such dedicated and committed leaders in Toastmasters East Africa as Club Growth Director. Following “Big Footsteps” of my Predecessor is a challenge and a task that will require all your support to match and achieve our territorial goals. Thank you for allowing me serve you in the year 2018-2019
The Territorial Council inaugural year achieved 100% growth through the guidance of Harry Karanja DTM. The total chartered clubs are at 34 plus 11 prospective clubs. In keeping with this tread, this year we aim to growth both in number of clubs and number of members as per the District Succcess Plan shared by the District Chair – TCEA 114 Rozy Rana .
Our specific goals this coming year are:
- To establish a District Marketing Team, Club Extension Subcommittee, Sponsors subcommittee, Mentors Subcommittee, Coaches Subcommittee
- To grow the current 34 clubs to 68 chartered clubs by June 2019
- To achieve 100% member renewal through retention programs
The District Marketing team and I will support Division Directors, the Area Councils – Assistant Club growth directors in recruiting and supporting volunteers to serve as Club Sponsors, Club Mentors and Club Coaches within then the Toastmasters Program.
The dynamic and potential of Toastmasters growth in TCEA114 is expected to be exponential. You are part of this great journey to becoming a district.
To ensure that our club grow with support within The Toastmasters International structure these are the Key action points
- District Marketing Team under the Club Extension Chair will receive club leads from each area to the Club Extension Committee. Each area will need representation in this committee to ensure there 10 awareness meetings by June 2019 recommended one per month. Each Area is expected charter 4 clubs in the year 2018-2019
- District Marketing Team under the Club Extension Chair will support at least one corporate demonstration per month per area to ensure more corporate clubs are chartered by June 2019. Each Area is expected to charter one corporate club in the year 2018-2019
- District Marketing Team under the Club Extension Chair will assign club recruit and assign club sponsors to assist the chartering of new clubs. Every area is expected to recommend potential club sponsor for training and support.
- District Marketing Team under the Club Retention Chair will receive club coaching requests from the Division Directors and Area Directors, review and assign coaches to the clubs. Each Area will need representation in the club coach committee.
- District Marketing Team under the Club Retention Chair promote member building programs in each Area to promoted member retention.
- District Marketing Team under the Club Quality Chair will appoint club mentors from the Club Mentors committee to support chartered clubs in the first six months after charter. Each Area will need representation in the club mentors subcommittee.
- In partnership with PQD ensure training for all committee members together with Division Directors and Area Directors to achieve 100% club growth and close at 68 chartered clubs by June 2019
Comment below this post or email me email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or concerns and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Club Growth Director